Yeah you guessed it, I’ve got a bug phobia. I hate bugs! Ants, moths, cockroaches and spiders – to me they are all the same! They’ve got too many legs and their wings makes this weird swish-swish sound, that totally freaks me out.
But then I found out that there are invisible bugs! Say what???!
Yes, according to The Allergy Society of South Africa there are about 10 000 house dust mites in the average bed.
Be afraid be very afraid…
Bed mites and dust particles is a reality and wanna know the worst part?
It might be making you sick without you knowing! Sensitivity to house dust mite allergens has a negative impact on your sleeping comfort and on the quality of your sleep.
Oh no! I’m a Mom of a two year old and I really really really need a good nights sleep (Read about my 7 Lowest Motherhood Moments)!
It gets worse… Very few people (like me), are aware of the house dust mite allergens, found in most beds and mattresses.
So what do you do about that little invisible bed-bugs, stealing your much needed Zzz time? Purotex them!
- Purotex® is a revolutionary technology based on 100% natural probiotics to fight allergy sensitivities and asthma.
- Fabrics treated with Purotex® use microcapsules that contain probiotics (Probiotics are a 100% natural remedy against allergenic sleep disrupters).
- Thanks to friction between your body and your mattress or pillow, the microcapsules burst open and start multiplying. The probiotics absorb the humidity that dust mites need to survive and multiply.
The best part: This treatment reduce the amount of house dust mite allergens by 89.3% two weeks after application and creates a fresh and clean sleeping environment.
Sleep tight and DO let the bed bugs bite…
If you are thinking: “I cannot see these little bug(gers), so I’m completely fine.”
I’m here to burst your bubble!
- This invisible enemy cannot be seen with the naked eye – they measure less than half a millimetre in length, but they are the leading trigger of bedroom allergens and affecting up to 400 million people worldwide, including 45% with asthma.
- Dust mites have cousins (just like us) but their cousins include spiders, crabs & shrimps.
- A square meter of bedding (non-wool) or carpet (non-wool) can harbour up to 100,000 dust mites, not to mention their millions of droppings – eeeeuw!
DID YOU KNOW? The weight of the average mattress doubles after 10 years due to dust mite infestation!
Oh and here’s just one more thing for you to worry about Mom…
Studies show that children who are continually exposed to dust mites and their fecal material, are more likely to develop allergies, including asthma and even eczema.
What’s a girl to do??? (Talking about girls the female mite lays about 50 eggs in her 6 week lifespan)!
The weight of the average (non-wool) pillow can increase by a staggering 10% after 6 months’ use, purely because of dust mites and their droppings.
So, if your pillow feels heavy and you are totally freaked out right now just get to your nearest The Bed Shop and check out the Exclusive Dynamic Bedding Range that has the Purotex fabric treatment.
Okay, maybe first take a shower and then go to The Bed Shop!
Bye Bye (invisible) Bugs!
One lucky PrettyBelle reader can WIN 1 Therapaedic Superior Single Bed Set worth R4999.00 from The Bed Shop!
How to enter:
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Like The Bed Shop Giveaway Post on Facebook or Instagram
- Tag a friend(s) who will be freaked out by these creepy facts
You can tag as many freaky friends as you like! NOT the same one!
- Comment ON THE BLOG and tell us: Which creepy fact freaks you out the most and why?
Competition close on 9 November 2018!
Winner will be announced on Facebook and Instagram Stories!
T’s and C’s apply
Prize is not transferable for cash
South African Residents Only
Share this post