“Everybunny Needs Somebunny Sometimes…”
Minki and her bunny has been inseparable since I can remember. If you don’t believe me check out our Mini-Me LEGO post (Yes, there’s a LEGO bunny)!
So when the super talented Charlene from Charlie Loves asked me for some artisan doll inspiration, SOME(bunny), obviously sprang to mind:
We decided on… (surprise)! a bunny doll. But not just ANY(bunny):
The most beautiful, girly, prettiest, trendiest bunny you have ever seen, filled with LOVE.
Her name is Lola…
I had a little part in creating her! And as any good fashionista will know one outfit just isn’t enough…
But today you get the meet the lady who made Lola, Charlene also known as Charlie, who is a doll making mum with a cause.
The Story of Charlie…
Charlie Loves was born in the mind of a little girl (a.k.a. Charlie), during a time when dreams could be had, adventures were lived through Enid Blyton books and being a princess was a 100% legitimate occupation.
But as time went by, little dreams was over shadowed by grown up ambition and the responsibilities of life. It was however during one of the darkest times in Charlies life, that the embers of Charlie Loves was accidentally fanned.
I had lost one my heart loved so dearly and I questioned so much about life.
But in my pain, sweet 3 year old Red asked her mummy for a unicorn doll…
Lost in a long forgotten, but familiar world, I was doing what I loved.
Hope, passion and purpose came to life.
I wished that my dolls brought the same kind of hope for others too…
The words of Aristotle came to life:
“At the intersection of where your gifts, talents and abilities meet a human need, therein you will discover your purpose.
So who is Charlie?
She is the dreamer, she believes that anything is possible, she is the little girl within.
Charlie gives back!
By ordering a doll you also give back!
- Charlie Loves are committed to creating 100% original beautiful artisan designs that are handcrafted locally.
- They are also committed to giving back to our own communities and supporting women in local townships by sharing skills and creating sustainable employment.
- With EVERY doll purchased, Charlie Loves proudly donates a portion to JAM international (a children’s feeding scheme) and CHOC SA (Childhood Cancer outreach).
Why we love Charlie
- It’s handcrafted dolls the old fashioned way
- It’s uncommon pieces
- It gives back
- It’s pretty
The next time you consider a gift, give a gift that gives so much more.
HOW DO I ORDER A DOLL?
- Hop on over to Charlie’s social feeds on FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM and see what tickles your fancy.
- Primrose the Unicorn, Lambie the sweet little lamb and Lola the bunny, would all love to meet you.
- Keep an eye out for Annabelle the mermaid (a very popular request from mummies)!
If you know what you would like, please send an email to email@example.com, and she will send you an invoice and ship within 5 days.
Ps: If you have a custom order, they can make a doll up to your specifications and when you happy, payment can be made via eft and your dolly will be on her way.
PrettyBelle and Charlie are spreading the LOVE and one lucky reader can WIN a Lola Bunny!
- Make sure you follow Charlie Loves and me PrettyBelle on Facebook AND Instagram. Yes, I will be checking!
- Comment on Facebook and/or Instagram – tagging SOME(bunny) who also spread the love.
You can tag as many friends as you like!
- Also comment and let me know: Which outfit would you choose for your Lola Bunny and why?
- I will be randomly picking a winner on Tuesday 23 October 2018.
- Wanna double your chances of winning?
Leave a comment on the blog post too!
Helene (& Minki)
Share this post