You are probably already packed, excited to get away from the cold and ready to rock with your favourite bands (Die Heuwels Fantasties, Adam, Bobby, Karlien and of course Francois van Coke).
But what about kiddo?
Before you book granny to babysit, scroll down to find out all about a magical new addition to the Innibos Program:
Innibos Kinderboeke Storie-Krôl 2018
This fabulous idea originated when Marlene du Toit, Principal of Mosaiek Educational Centre in Nelspruit, decided to bring the magic of books to life. This year will be the second time your kids can experience the magic of four popular children books at the ATKV Boeke Oase.
We all know the importance of reading from a young age but here’s a quick fact:
Reading is at the heart of all formal education; it’s basically the key to your child’s academic future.
What’s in it for your mini?
- Local teachers create interactive stations for each of the four books. Kiddo “krols” from station to station to experience every story in real-life. Kinda like a story-town!
- A Giant bear, dirty pirates who refuse to take a bath, a bunch of friendly rabbits and the ever popular Babalela were some of the characters from last year.
You need to buy your tickets right now to find out what lovely characters will be around this time…
What do you need to know?
- The program caters for kids from 2 – 8 years old.
- Where: Hoërskool Nelspruit at the ATKV Boeke Oase.
- When: 11:00 – 14:00 (27 June – 30 June 2018)
- Tickets available on Computicket (R82).
- Ps: You can krol with kiddo (free of charge) or enjoy a well deserve coffee at the ATKV coffee shop.
PLEASE NOTE: The tickets are for the 14:00 show on Thursday 28 June 2018.
How to enter:
1. Like the InniBos Giveaway Post (on Facebook AND Instagram)
3. Read the blog and SUBSCRIBE to our fabulous newsletter (look for pink subscribe box in sidebar)
4. Tag 3 friends
5. Comment DONE.
You can enter on Facebook and/or Instagram (T’s & C’s apply).
You can comment as many times as you like (to increase your chances), but will be disqualified if you tag the same people.
Competition close on Monday 25 June.
Winner will be announced on Facebook.
The winner will be chosen using www.random.org
South African Residents Only.
Successful entrants must have completed all the steps (I’m going to check)! 😉
Make reading fun with these tips:
According to Minki’s principal, Marlene du Toit from Mosaiek Kleuterskool, parents can make reading fun from a young age.
- You can never start too early! Yes, although it doesn’t look like it, baby listens when you are reading and she loves hearing your voice!
- Start with picture books. No need to go all Shakespeare on me now. Any good old picture storybook will do the trick!
- Pick a quiet spot… the television does not count!
- Make reading bedtime stories part of kiddos sleeproutine (I know your glass of wine and Binnelanders are waiting, but you will never regret those extra 20 minutes reading to your kid).
- Discover your inner dramaqueen: Change your voice for different characters. Nobody likes a boring storyteller. I love when Minki tries to run away, when I get to the part where the big bad wolf jumps out of the bed to grab Little Red Riding Hood.
Helene (& Minki)